Reading and Writing Journey

I will be posting my thoughts on different texts that I will be reading. The destination is not as important as the journey.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Journey Continues

The journey had started in January.  The anticipation.  The thrill.  The newness.  It surely wasn't elusive.  Snap!  This sounds like a poem fermenting in my forty-six year old brain. "We will sell no wine before it's time," said some man in a commercial in the 80's commercials.  If wine's aging brings out the flavor, at my age my brain should be quite delicious!   So here is a poem as my reflection.

The Journey

The journey begins
In earnest
In Jan
Jan-u-ary

My mind was flowing
almost explodin'
with anticipation
Heart pounding
palms sweating
new learning 
on the horizon

First day
Not knowin'
What to expect
Nervous
Anxious
for good reason
Expectations on an astromical
level level level

Like T.O. said
Get your popcorn ready
Bring on the show
More like
fasten those seat belts
we are in for the ride
of the year

This time
I wasn't so
chiropractic
'bout my neck 
lower lumbar
S-1, F-5
Holding on
for dear life
lovin' every moment
within my cognitive dissonance
ZPD baby!

Learning
sparks flying
synapses
dendrites
put to flight
We have lift off

Rosenblatt
Beach
Purves
Smith
Allington to name a few


Got more to go
More to peruse
Collaborative conversations
Journey comes to untimely end
just nightmarin'
playing with your mind
just the beginning
Learning, moving, changing
Transforming
Revolving
Evolving
Me

No comments: