Reading and Writing Journey

I will be posting my thoughts on different texts that I will be reading. The destination is not as important as the journey.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Michelle and Maureen Ponder Purves, Rodgers and Soter-They are the X Factor

Michelle and I co-constructed meaning together by reading and discussing Purves in How Porcupines Make Love III. We tried to come up with a way to show the impact they had on our thinking.  We created a little video.  We wanted to explain what we learned and then put it into practice.  You will see us use the digital in creating video to recreate the scene in Crystal Allen's book  How Lamar's Bad Prank Won a Bubba-sized Trophy.  We then attempted to tableaux.  To tableaux or not to tableaux.  That's easy.  Let's get busy!  Enjoy.  I have the link to my Youtube channel.  Click on it and let the viewing begin.
Michelle and Maureen Pondering

Here are the tableaux pics:

Lamar starting a dangerous monetary relationship with Billy.  I am a tall Lamar and Michelle is a bad, bad Billy!

Lamar and Billy celebrate with a high five!

Lamar you better think before you act.  Write the essay!

Billy realizing he has Lamar in his back pocket.  Lamar thinking about his choices and justifying his bad choices to himself.  Put the money on the counter!

No comments: