Reading and Writing Journey

I will be posting my thoughts on different texts that I will be reading. The destination is not as important as the journey.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Beach-Reader Response Theories-Presentation

Here is a presentation that I made using Presentme.com.  I was supposed to do it and write down my thoughts from a photographical PowerPoint.  I forgot to do that for the first five minutes.  It is my second time using it.  I hope it is still okay.  I was trying to use it to solidify my thoughts about the different chapters.  The different reading response theories are so dense and they have so much to consider.  I probably should have written down my thoughts after each chapter but I didn't want to stop.  To me, after he was through with the textual theories, it was easier to understand.  I had no idea that when we look at reading response theories there is so much to consider from the different point of views.  Point blank-what does it have to do with me in my classroom?  I need to think about the text I am using as per Smith and then consider different perspectives as I go.  So much to consider.  I am glad I read it after I read Rosenblatt because it made so much sense to me. Purves was so easy and enjoyable to read.  Please click on the link below to access. Thanks  Click on link below "Commentary on Beach's...."

Commentary on Beach's Reader Response Theories

No comments: