Reading and Writing Journey

I will be posting my thoughts on different texts that I will be reading. The destination is not as important as the journey.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Reflection on Allington

Here are my thoughts about Richard Allington's Article entitled, "What Really Matters When Working With Struggling Readers".  I really liked the article overall.  He made some valid points and backed them up with research.  It's sad that we have some many struggling readers when we could do more to help them become engaged, confident and proficient readers.  The practices that we use in our schools perpetuates the problem.  I once was a struggling reader and we are doing the same things to these children as was done to me many years ago.  When will we put into practice what is best for the struggling readers? Today would be a great time to start.  Here is the link to my Box account where you can view the powerful article: Allington Struggling Reader Article

Click on the link below to watch a video of my thoughts.

Richard Allington Article Video

No comments: